A few weeks ago, our beloved leader Dr. V took our whole Tech 637 class at Purdue and threw us in the deep end of the internet. She tied Twitter to our left hand and WordPress to our right. As we began to collectively drown in the fullness of socialized media, she slapped a Hootsuite snorkel in our mouths and told us we could use that to breathe.
Trusting our benevolent pedagogue, I started using my new life-sustaining apparatus, and at first it was new and awkward.
I even wrote about it and (much to her chagrin) I called it Hootsuite …. or should I say “HoosGotADHD”. The reason was because at first everything was so hectic and foreign, and I didn’t even know where to look or how to use it. I also mentioned in this blog post that someday I might think this was the best thing since sliced bacon (paraphrasing).
So now, several weeks in, I need to re-address this issue … to both come clean and also recant.
Now that I’ve been using this for several weeks I must say… I not only like the program, but I can say that I view it as a necessary tool to tame and use Twitter (and other social media) effectively. I have several active feeds that I have developed, and they help me keep track of my class, my computer-mediated communication scholars, my humor scholars, and even a fun one #addawordruinamovie.
It still has some bugs, and I haven’t quite got everything down pat, but as of now … I’m a convert. I no longer am being forced to drink from the firehose … but now I can sip from an assortment of pleasant springs.
I know I’m mixing all sorts of metaphors throughout this post … sorry about that. Sometimes I just feel like mixing it up. 😉
- Hootsuite University (lizedrington.wordpress.com)
- All the Social Network in One Site, With Hootsuite! (simonverse.wordpress.com)
- HootSuite to Provide Update on “Social Media Must-Have Manoeuvres” (prweb.com)
- The Beginner’s Guide to HootSuite (mashable.com)
- COMM 460- Hootsuite University (maggiemayfield.wordpress.com)
- The Advantages of Hootsuite (alexandradipalma.wordpress.com)
- Hootsuite nest getting bigger (metronews.ca)
- Hootsuite hopes to fill 100 positions at job fair today (globalnews.ca)
- Vancouver tech darling Hootsuite to host job fair as it looks to fill more than 100 positions (theprovince.com)